Hi Sly Cooper fans,
IGN has posted a two hour long video demonstrating Sly Cooper Thieves in Time gameplay. The first episode was almost completely finished, as well as the Paris tutorial. Here is the video below:
I have a new favorite TV show. It is called, “Annoying Orange” and is based on a YouTube series. The YouTube series became so popular that it was picked up as a show on Cartoon Network. Every Friday, a new YouTube episode is made available also. Here is a link to the “realannoyingorange” YouTube channel.
The premise of the show is about an annoying orange named “Orange”. Obviously, he loves to annoy everyone and then laughs whenever they get mad. Most of the characters are fruit. Some are toys or other objects. There are a few humans in the show. In the YouTube episodes, the setting is a kitchen. However, in the Cartoon Network show, the setting is a grocery store.
The animation style is a picture of a real piece of fruit with video of a person’s eyes and mouth overlaying the picture. It is pretty simple, but the show is funny because Orange is always coming up with jokes to annoy whoever he is talking to.
To show you how funny the show is, here is my favorite episode from the YouTube series:
This is an episode where Orange and his friend interrupt Cobb’s phone conversations by yelling “Wazzup!” over and over.
Today I’ve published my first videocast to the iTunes store. I won’t usually create videocasts, but I had many subjects to talk about, so I decided to record one today. Sorry about the noise in the background. I recorded in my dad’s office and the air conditioner was really loud.
I discussed five topics in this episode:
- Sly Cooper’s Tenth Anniversary
- Sly Cooper Thieves In Time Update
- Ham On The Run App
- The Archie Mega Man Comic
- Recent Updates To My Blog
By the way, I noticed that the video player plugin I am using doesn’t work in Chrome. It works in Firefox though.
Also, I would like to say “Happy Birthday” to Sly Cooper. This isn’t just any old birthday though. It’s his tenth! Today marks the tenth anniversary of the release of Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus. Here is a picture I made, which is also included in the videocast.
I haven’t updated this website in a while, so I decided to do one BIG post about all of the things that I’ve been meaning to post.
LittleBigPlanet Karting BETA!!!
I applied for LBP Karting Beta a while back, and I got excepted! The game stays true to the other LBP games in that you can still decorate your pod, create and publish levels, and decorate your earth and moon. There are still minigames, and the level select is the same. It uses similar controls to Modnation Racers, the reason being because it is made by the Modnation company, United Front Games. The vehicles are either things from LBP, or just funny ideas. Below are pictures from the game.
My dad took me to a developer meet-up where they let us play the Wii U before anybody else! Wii U is the second version of the Wii. It comes with a Gamepad that has 2 analog sticks, a camera, a microphone, a gyroscope, and can also control your TV. The buttons are the four action buttons, (X, Y, A, and B.) the +control pad, the +start and -select buttons, The L, R, ZL, and ZR buttons, and the home button. It ALSO comes with a screen and a stylus. The Wii U system is compatible with the old Wii accessories, including the remotes.
Here are my favorite games that I played at the meet-up:
• Donkey Kong Crash Course – In this game, the object is to roll your vehicle through the course to Princess Peach. Easy, right? WRONG. I’m 99% sure that nobody was able to get to the princess in their 3 tries. Why, you ask? Simple. You can’t got too fast, because you’ll collide with the wall. You also can’t go too slow, or you’ll topple over. on top of that, you have to move platforms with the analog sticks, and ZR and ZL. The gyroscope in the new controller senses when you tilt it back and forth, and the vehicle moves accordingly. I’m assuming that the level that was playable was NOT the first level, so by the time you get to that level, it probably isn’t as hard. (I couldn’t find any pictures for this game.)
• New Super Mario Bros. U – In this sequel to the NSMBros. series, there are some new features. The first one is the Flying Squirrel suit, which allows Mario and his friends to glide once the also-new Acorn Mushroom is obtained. The next one is my favorite. Baby Yoshis appear, and have three different abilities. To inflate like a balloon, glow in darkness, and to blow bubbles to cause Koopas to float away. All three can eat guards when they are carried. The Gamepad is able to make platforms appear for the player to jump on in a certain mode. The final new feature is that you can play as your Mii in the game. The only problem that I had with it was that It didn’t have much use for the Gamepad.
• Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition – This is an add-onto the original Arkham City game. It uses the Gamepad in many different ways, including controlling a RC Batarang, and investigating a crime scene. It was VERY fun to play, but I had a problem with it. My problem was that it was WAY too easy to fight. All you have to do is keep hitting Y, and he will automatically launch and attack nearby guards. I hadn’t ever played it before, and I don’t think I took any damage. But it was still an Awesome game.
Google: Project Glass
There is a project that google is working on called “Project Glass”. It is the idea that a small machine can connect to glasses to make them into a type of smartphone. It uses voice command, and can take pictures, make phone-calls, text, give directions, show news, give the weather, and so much more. Of course, you don’t have to have glasses to use them. It will be a little bit expensive, but is still very cool. Bellow is a video, showing the features I’ve said and more.
My dad found a very cool video on Mashable that he showed me. It is a preview of a product called Leap Motion. The idea is that 8 cubic feet in front of your computer will be an interactive space to use with your hands. Your hands can control your computer, just like your mouse. It’s only $70 and it is supposed to be 200 times more sensitive than Microsoft Kinect. You will be able to plug it into a USB port. It is supposed to come out in December 2012 or January 2013, so you have to pre-order. Here is a cool video:
I was very excited when I found out that Sly Cooper Thieves In Time will be playable on the PS Vita. Not only is it playable on the PS Vita, but you can start the game on the PS Vita and continue on the PS3, or vice versa! Also, you only have to buy the game for one of the systems to be able to play on both. I don’t have a Vita but I hope to get one someday. Here is the trailer:
There is a contest going on right now for the new Sly Cooper Thieves in Time game, made by Sanzaru Games. The contest is a treasure design for an artifact for Sly to be able to steal in the game. The winners will get a PS Vita and their treasures will be featured in the game. I was going to enter, but I am not eligible because I live in the United States and the contest is only available to people outside of the US. I decided to go ahead and finish my drawing anyway and I emailed it to Sanzaru Games anyway. I hope they view it. Obviously I won’t win but I wanted them to see it anyway. Here it is:
The Mysterious Monkey statue is actually Sanzaru’s mascot I guess since it is part of their logo. I have seen some video previews of the game and it looks really cool. I think they have done a good job taking over the Sly Cooper series. I hope it is even better than the originals.
Here is a link to a video that shows some Sly 4 gameplay. Sorry I couldn’t embed the video itself.
We recorded another podcast! This one is about LittleBigPlanet, which is tied with Sly Cooper for my favorite video game series. I just wanted to say that LittleBigPlanet is so cool and Media Molecule (The game creator) is a company full of geniuses! I can’t wait to play the upcoming LBP games. Here is the trailer for the LittleBigPlanet Karting game. Listen to the podcast to find out more about them. You can download it here or subscribe through iTunes.
Here are two more links for more great information about LBP Karting:
Here is a link showing a video preview for LBP Vita:
Here are some cool LBP images: